IFSV English > Staff
Anni Brit Sternhagen Nielsen
Associate researcher, No title
Øster Farimagsgade 5 opg. Q, Postboks 2099, 1014 København K, Bygn. 24 opg. Q
Forskningsenheden for Almen Praksis
Center for Sundhed og Samfund, Øster Farimagsgade
1014 København K
Primary research interests
My fields of interest are chronic diseases, including risk factors for diabetes and cardiovascular disease and the treatment and its organization. Furthermore I have an interest in examining what means the patients' self-rated health for e.g. use of health care services, diseases and death. As the department has a focus on diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases, this is also a field of interest.
Education and counseling areas
- Supervising of students.
- Teaching and supervision of post-graduates following a critical appraisal study in their specialist training for general practice.
- Teaching of nursing students (Early Patient Contact / epidemiology / environmental health and public health).
Right now I'm working on:
- Change in self-rated health (SRH) over 20 years of follow-up and its relation to change in clinical parameters.
- validation of Statistic DenmarkV algorithm for evaluation of whether a person is a permanent nursing home resident.
- Diabetes - e.g. change in SRH during 19 years of follow-up.
- Treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infections - how are the treatment guidelines across Europe?
- Building teacher faculity - how do you do it?