Fredericiagade 18, 1310 København K
I am a PhD fellow at the Medical Museion with a academic background in philosophy.
Current research: PhD project
Project title: Between living subject and object of investigation - approaches to the body and the abject in medical science
The project explores structures of the encounter with the body in medical sciences. Particularly it aims to do this by focusing on the abject, taken from the French-Bulgarian philosopher Julia Kristeva.
The project is thematically divided into three parts.
(1) Mapping of approaches to the body in medical sciences through qualitative data collection, particularly focussing on approaches "out of place" or abject.
(2) Theoretical investigation of the body as en epistemic thing in medical science, and the relation between body-as-abject and body-as-scientific-object.
(3) Deliberations on the role of medical humanities and a suggestion on reversing the medical humanities to open up a common field between medicine and humanities.
The three parts of the project function separately but each part draws on insights gained in or ideas developed in the others.
Fields of interest
- Theoretical psychoanalysis
- Body and/in medical science
- Epistemology (in art)
- Medical humanities
- Complexity, ambiguity
Fall 2018: Philosophy, history and theory of science in the context of Medical Science and Technology Studies (with Karin Tybjerg)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, collaboration proposals or interest in further information about my project.