Using Nordic register data to explore the co-evolution of health and social factors over the life course
The purpose of the conference is to strengthen Nordic collaborative research using register data and to present and discuss limitations and possibilities for combining data on health, social factors and welfare in the Nordic countries.
Some of the key note speakers include:
- Camilla Stoltenberg, Folkehelse Norway
- Peter Løngreen, Danish National Genome Centre
- Tom Bishop, University of Cambridge
- Jon Ivar Elstad, Oslo Metropolitan University
- Olle Lundberg, Stockholm University
- Jeanette Falck, Danish Cancer Society
- Svetlana Solovieva, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
The conference will include the following topics:
- Presentation of studies combining social and health data in the Nordic countries
- Discussions of limitations and possibilities for combining data
- NordForsk initiatives
- The project Contingent Life Courses (C-life)
- Newer technical opportunities for cross country analysis of individual data
- Panel debate: Why is it so difficult to pool personal data across borders?
Detailed programme TBA.
The conference has limited spaces, and registration will be on a first-come first-served basis.
Conference admission is free of charge. However, registration is binding and there will be a no-show fee.
For registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org