Anne-Marie Nybo Andersen
Bartholinsgade 6Q, 2. sal, 1356 København K, 24 Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building: 24-2-21
Professor of Social Epidemiology
Section of Epidemiology
Department of Public Health
The Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Primary fields of research
Research in perinatal, obstetric, and pediatric epidemiology, including etiological studies of fetal death, congenital anomalies, preterm birth, and social and demographic conditions in relation to child health.
Associations between early life conditions and disease outcomes in later life are studied in a life-course perspective.
- Research group leader of POPE (Obstetric and Paediatric Epidemiology)
- Scientific Principal Investigator of the Danish National Birth Cohort
- Principal Investigator of the DanCHASE (Danish Child Health And Social Equity) project, a register-based research project concerning social factors and early life, e.g. fetal and childhood, health and disease'
- Partner in the CHICOS FP7 project (www.chicosproject.eu/the-project), , LifeCycle (https://lifecycle-project.eu/), EUCANConnect (https://eucanconnect.com/) and Athlete (https://athleteproject.eu/)
- Founder and co-ordinator of www.birthcohorts.net, a website that collects information about birth cohorts worldwide and aims to facilitate research collaboration between birth cohort researchers
Teaching in epidemiology:
PhD-courses in perinatal, obstetric and pediatric epidemiology and Epidemiology for health researchers
Supervisor for BA students, MA students and PhD students