The Unit of Medical Psychology
The Unit of Medical Psychology does research and teaching in a broad range of topics in the fields of psychology that are particulary relevant for medicine and other health sciences. The aim is to create and dissiminate knowledge about the psychological causes and effects of disease and psychological factors in health promotion.
- The impacts of divorce on health
- The influences of early life factors for individual differences in later life.
- Impacts of anxiety and depression on sexuality.
- Development and consequences of intelligence and personality.
- The influences of sociodemographic factors, lifestyle and health on cognitive aging.
- Sexuality in older age.
- Gender and sexuality.
- Causes and effects of alcohol consumption.
- Development and consequences of alcohol use disorders and other psychiatric disorders.
- Associations between airpollution and erectile functioning
- Impacts of sensory loss on relationships
- Psychological aspects of obesity and gastric bypass operations.
- Determinants and consequences of quality of life.
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Medicine
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Public Health
- Master Science in Health Science
- Master of Science in Odontology
The staff in the Unit of Medical Psychology supervise student projects with topics within the field of health psychology including bachelor’s, master’s and PhD projects from the Faculty of Health Sciences.
|Ana Cipric||PhD fellow||+45 353-34626|
|Camilla Stine Øverup||Postdoc||+45 353-35174|
|Cathrine Lawaetz Wimmelmann||Assistant professor||+45 353-27486|
|Gert Martin Hald||Head of section||+45 353-37213|
|Gitta Wörtwein||Associate professor||+45 353-27484|
|Gunhild Tidemann Okholm||Postdoc||+45 353-30803|
|Jenna Marie Strizzi||Assistant professor||+45 353-24927|
|Lea Arregui Nordahl Christoffersen||Research assistant||+45 353-32417|
|Søren Sander||Visiting PhD fellow||+45 353-36418|
|Trine Flensborg-Madsen||Associate professor||+45 353-27929|